Wednesday, November 30, 2016

Sweet Baby

Oh, boy, oh, boy, oh, boy!  December has arrived!!  I'm so not ready!  My Christmas cards are not even close to being done!  But thanks to Crafty Hazelnut's Christmas Challenge Extra, I do have a very good start on them.  All that as a shameless promotion of CHNCC2's newest challenge that start today!  As always, it is Anything (Christmas-related) Goes!  And our sponsor, Bugaboo Stamps is offering 7 images: winner's choice.  Here is my card for your inspiration:
 I was inspired by the Shopping Our Stash challenge to create a background using the Bargello Technique.  I've never given this a try before and as I knew I had a bunch of thin paper strips that needed using up, I decided to go for it.  It's hard to see it in the picture of the finished card, so I took a picture before I added the focal panel and embellishments.
Kind of a fun look, huh?  I think it might have worked a little bit better if my papers hadn't had white backgrounds.  Maybe next time.  But for now, hop on over to the CHNCC2 blog to see what the rest of the DT has created.  Then get inky and play along with us; it's time to finish up those Christmas cards!

Supplies:
Stamps: Bugaboo Stamps "AKV Nativity-Mary and Child" digi
Dies: Spellbinders "Classic Ovals, large"; PTI "Fancy Flakes" large snowflake; Sweet 'n Sassy Stamps "Small Snowflakes"

Challenges:
Sweet Sketch Wednesday 2--sketch (I turned it on its side)

Time Out Challenge #71--Christmas with glitter/sparkle
Hanna & Friends #262--bingo (I used the dies, ribbon, glitter row)
Brown Sugar #226--anything goes
Alphabet Challenge--T is for Trees (I have trees on some of the strips of patterned paper)
Hiding In My Craft Room #277--any holiday
Christmas Card Challenge #50--anything goes
Pixie's Crafty Workshop #257--anything goes with snippets (ALL the patterned papers were snippets as were the pieces of white card stock that the snowflakes were cut from)
Shopping Our Stash #280--Paper Strip Art
Die Cuttin' Divas #287--make it sparkle
Holly Jolly--a card OR anything but a card
Simon Says Stamp Monday--O, Christmas tree (trees on my strips of patterned paper)
Craft Your Passion #346--anything goes
Creative Inspirations #263--Christmas
Crafting By Designs--anything goes
Fab n Funky Challenge #329--Christmas





19 comments:

Di said...

Super card Heather! It's ages since I made a bargello background - love the papers you used and such a sweet image as well.

Hugs

Di xx

Kathie said...

Lovely card Heather, and what a great technique, I haven't heard of a Bargello Background before, once I have a little extra time I must give it a ago. Love the colours you used very pretty and this is such a sweet Bugaboo image. Thanks so much for sharing your talent with us over at Sweet Sketch Wednesday 2 and good luck.
Hugs
Kathie SSW2~DT

Joanna M. said...

One year (she says hopefully) I WILL be organized and Christmas won't be such the panic fest that it's become in recent years. Your lovely card is an inspiration to me to get my act together and finish up my cards for the season. I love that darling image and your background is fantastic.

Susan Powell said...

I love the background you made - it's perfect for that image! Thanks so much for joining us this week at Christmas Card Challenges.

Jenny Colacicco said...

Cute !! Love the sparkly snowflake Thanks for sharing at Time Out! Jenny x

Barbara Godden said...

I like the papers you used, great job on the technique. Thanks for playing along with the Paper Strip challenge at Shopping Our Stash.

Mimi said...

Oooh, glad you took a pic prior to adding your focal because those papers are so pretty! I love the colors! Way to try the Bargello! You did great! Thanks for sharing at SOS!

La Papera Gialla said...

Thanks for entering our Christmas Cards Challenge and good luck!
Monica - CCC DT

Scrappin Sue said...

Fantastic
Thanks for sharing at Brown Sugar Challenges x

NGCARDS said...

A beautiful Christmas creation! Thanks for joining us at Creative Inspirations this fortnight! xxx

Jill V said...

Very fun card - I especially like the sparkly snowflakes! Thanks so much for playing along with us at Time Out! Jill

Macarena said...

What a funny technique with strips of paper. Love the background. Thank you for joining us at Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge. Hugs, Macarena!

Unknown said...

So cute card! Thanks for joining us at Craft Your Passion Challenges!Good luck and hope to see you again. Valentina DT

Heide said...

Great card, fun way to use up scraps. Thanks for joining us this week. Hugs, Heide SSW2-DT

lauren bergold said...

ohhhhhhhh how sweet! super-cute card, cool take on the bargello technique! thanks for joining us at SHOPPING OUR STASH! :)

cohenna said...

Beautiful!! Thank you for joining us at Fab'n'Funky :)

** Line** said...

Great card! Thanks for joining us at Hanna& Friends... hope we see you soon...
hugs Line

Lynn (aka Lynnpenguin) said...

Lovely creation. Thanks for joining us at Holly Jolly. Good luck.
Lynn aka Lynnpenguin, Holly Jolly DT

Linda said...

Great creation. I love this technique
. Thanks for jining us at Holly Jolly, Linda DT