Monday, February 2, 2015

Thanks

Sympathy cards are never fun to have to make.  But with that being said, I really did enjoy putting this card together.  If you have visited my blog at all since the new year, you know I am trying to use up my "bits and pieces" stash.  So the item on this card is the white sentiment panel.  
 I did harm a single piece of patterned paper for this card.  Everything was created using stamps and ink (and an embossing folder that I highlighted and softened with some gray ink).  Here's a close up of the "patterned paper" and the sentiment panel.  When I remember to do it, I really love adding subtle images to sentiment.

Challenges:
Word Art Wednesday #168--anything goes with uplifting sentiment
The Crafter's Cafe #101--create your own background
Cards Galore--use a stamp or digi

Supplies:
Stamps: Verve "Be Blessed" flowers; PTI "Boutique Borders: Sympathy" sentiment; Hero Arts "French Script"
Dies/embossing folders: Verve "Classy Label dies"; Cuttlebug embossing folder
Card Stock: PTI "Lemon Zest" and "Soft Stone"
Inks: PTI  Lemon Zest, Soft Stone, New Leaf and Sweet Blush
PTI Lemon Zest ribbon

5 comments:

Being Mrs Miles said...

Hi Heather,

You're right, its never FUN to do sympathy cards, but I'm sure the thought that you hand made one brings a special comfort to someone at a difficult time.

I know this using up scraps thing, and I am glad for the reminder (beautiful VISUAL reminder) that stamping onto an already patterned paper is a clever thing to do.

So glad I came to visit.

Blessings,
Barb

coldwaters2 said...

It is a sad occasion but you have created something very beautiful Heather the papers are not overpowering, the sentiment is perfect a truly wonderful make.
hugs
lorraine x

Julee (Vervegirl) said...

Such a lovely card. Thanks for playing along with Mojo Monday!

Planetsusie said...

This is a beautiful card for an occasion like this. I love the design. Thank you for entering the TTPH Challenge this time, lots of luck to you.

Hugs Sue Pxxx DT

Unknown said...

Lovely sympathy card. Thank you for joining us at the Cards Galore Encore