Friday, July 18, 2014

Noel

I'm so not ready for it to be Friday; feels like I have a billion things to do before the weekend gets here!  But Friday it is and that means it's time for another challenge from Christmas Stampin' All Year Long.  This week, the challenge is to CASE (copy and share everything) your favorite crafter.  Our sponsor is Pretty Papers, Pretty Ribbons and, boy, DO they have some pretty papers!  Before I show you the card I CASE'd, here is what I came up with.  (Isn't that little snowman cute?!)
It wasn't hard at all figuring out WHO I would CASE because, hands down, Nicole Heady from PaperTrey Ink is my absolute favorite crafter.  She is amazing!!  But I did think it would be hard to find a card to CASE since I was given this cutie snowman cutting file to work with.  But a quick look through her blog and I found this card:
August Rainbow Birthday Card
Right away, I loved the ombre stripes and the dark centered sentiment with all the white background.  I was also given some patterned paper from our sponsor to use, so I cut thin stripes of several different colors and adhered them to a white panel so mimic the ombre stamping.  And I cut out and layered my snowman all together and set him right in the center.  Then he looked like he still needed something and I still needed to tie in a sentiment and the twine Nicole used.  In steps my little banner with the sentiment stamped and embossed on it.  Now it's your turn.  I can't wait to see who your favorite crafter is and what you can do with their inspiration.

Challenges:
Christmas Cards All Year 'Round--non-traditional colors (I do have some green, but the pinks, blues and line greens are not traditional)
Divas by Design--Christmas in July
C.R.A.F.T. #268--Christmas
The Stamping Chef #38--anything goes

Supplies:
Papers: Pretty Papers, Pretty Ribbons "Christmas Brights: Circles & spots" 
Cutting File: Pretty Papers, Pretty Ribbons "Nerdy Snowman" from the Snow Peeps cutting file collection
Stamps: PTI "Fresh Alphabet"
Dies: Verve "Pennant Trim" die



5 comments:

Pia S said...

I do like this challenge theme, and in think you did a great job with your case card. Such a cute snowman!

Fabiola said...

très joli case it Heather, tu en as fait quelque chose de très sympa et vraiment mignon, biz

Grannymama said...

A beautiful card. Thank you for playing along with in the non-traditional x-mas colors at CCAYR

Carolyn DT

Wendy said...

Gorgeous Christmas card...Thanks for playing along with at Divas by Design this week.
Wendy xx

Helen said...

Great card - thanks for joining us at the CRAFT Challenge.

Helen x