Wednesday, December 11, 2013

Joy to the World

Today is my last post for the year for the Lollipop Ladies!  I can't believe how fast time has flown by and now it is almost Christmas!!  Right now the Lollipop Ladies are running two challenges and you have until the end of December to play in one or both (as many times as you want).  The inspiration picture for the second challenge is:
with the additional challenge of ribbon.
Here is my project:
 There was so much inspiration in the photo it was hard to know where to start!  I loved the colors: red, white and green, but not a traditional green--a nice soft pale green.  So, I started there, I also have a Christmas tree and stars and the word "Joy".  And as one of my teammates pointed out earlier this week, there are lots of layers in the photo.  So I also added lots of layers to my card.
 For a little fun twist, it is a gatefold card with the entire front panel being the left hand "gate".  And as you can see, I finished off the inside with a matching star and the remainder of the sentiment from the front.
Hop on over to the Lollipop Ladies' Blog to get all the details and then come on and play along.  We'd love to see how you interpret this challenge.

Challenges:
Viva La Verve December week 1--sketch
The Squirrel and the Fox--summer or winter (I went with winter)
V's Sweet Ideas #18--Holiday theme
One Crazy Stamper--winter/holiday
Raisin Boat #17--Christmas
Cards Galore--Christmas
Word Art Wednesday #110--anything goes with uplifting sentiment
The Stamping Chef--anything goes
Delightful Challenges--You're a gem
C.R.A.F.T. #236--Christmas
DRS Designs #99--glitter it up (I glittered the green star)
Art Impressions #124--Merry and Bright
My Heart Pieces--sparkle
Crafty Catz #210--use at least 2 dies
Pattie's Creations #81--Christmas card
Verve's December Diva Dare--playing favorites (used my favorite die from Verve AND based this card off of my favorite card I made this year using Verve stamps/dies: see the card below)
{Pin}spirational Challenges #87--inspiration photo (I was inspired by the word ribbon and all the ribbon on the spools and that bright green ribbon right on the top that really grabs your eye!)
http://www.pinterest.com/pin/141581982009147557/
Our Daily Bread Designs #182--alternate fold or 3D item (I used a gate fold)
Tuesday Throwdown #176--What Christmas means to you (while I love everything about Christmas: the tree, the decorations, the presents . . . the most important thing is exactly what my sentiment on the inside says "the Lord has come".  Jesus came, that's why we celebrate Christmas and without that, there wouldn't be any reason to celebrate.)

Supplies:
Stamps: Verve "Star of Wonder"
Dies: Sizzix star die; Verve "Classy Label" die--love the shape on this one
Papers: DCWV Christmas



23 comments:

somethingcraftybydottie said...

beautiful beautiful card I love every little detail stunning.
God Bless
Hugs
Dottie
PS I am now a follower

Shelia said...

Heather this is one gorgeous card! I really like the DP, glittery star & fold!! Thank you for playing along with DRS Designs this week!

kReN said...

Hi, Heather. I love how your card turned out. That green color caught my eye as well!

Thanks for sharing your creativity with us at
{PIN}spirational Challenges!
kReN, DT
Come and see what I've done lately @
http://afourthlife.blogspot.com

Unknown said...

Occasionally the card will have some attributes of the inspiration but your card takes the (cup) cake. It is just wonderfully put together, colors layout and sentiment.Thank you for joining us today at Word Art Wednesday with your outstanding paper art project.
Advent Blessings of Hope and Peace,
Carole Robb Bisson

Linda said...

Thank you so much for joining the Raisin Boat challenge this month with your beautiful card.

Ustvarjalni utrinki Tamara P. said...

Gorgeous projects
love all your work
hugs and blessings
Tamara

CherylQuilts said...

Oh, Heather, I love your card, and what fabulous colors! So glad you've joined us this week for the ODBD Shining the Light challenge! Hugs!

Aunty Sue said...

Great Creations And Thanks For Sharing At Crafty Catz

Granmargaret said...

Lovely work Heather

Sandy Palmer said...

Pretty card! Great design! Thanks for sharing it with us at Delightful Challenges, "You're a Gem"! :)

Teresa Kline said...

this is darlin, so glad you played along with us at Verve!

Cathy P said...

Great card. Love the fun colors. Thanks for linking up with us at the Sister Act Challenge Blog.
Hugs, Cathy xx

Hazel said...

Thanks for sharing your beautiful card for Crafting Musketeers 'layer it up' challenge, Hazel, DT Crafting Musketeers - thanks also for entering my CHNC challenge extra for December - hope to see you again soon. x

Hazel said...

Did you see my email about CHNC DT? x

Saints Rule! said...

So fun! A wonderful project! Thanks for blessing us with your talents at Word Art Wednesday!

Marisa said...

Love that verse and your stars are wonderful. Thanks for joining us for this month's Diva Dare!

Anonymous said...

Lovely card Heather.

Chris Olsen, Glowbug said...

Both of your creations are beautiful Heather!! I love your take on the yummy inspiration with your colors, choice of dp and fold!! Thanks for joining us at ODBD!!

Keti's Projects said...

Lovely Christmas projects. I love it colorful in traditional colors.
Thanks for sharing and playing with us at {PIN}spirational Challenges. Hugs, Keti

Karen Letchworth said...

Gorgeous cards, Heather. It's such a blessing to have you share your amazing and beautiful art with us.
Have a blessed week,
Karen
Word Art Wednesday

Bettina L. said...

Such a lovely christmas card, Great design with the stars, sentiment and sparkle. Thanks for playing at The Stamping Chef and good luck. Hope to see you back wednesday for a new challenge. Bettina Sous Chef xx

Fran said...

Beautiful, thank you for joining us over at the Crafting Musketeers, Fran (DT) xxx

Peanut said...

Gorgeous projet, fabulous colours and very festive, Heather! the true meaning of Christmas is clear in your work. Thanks for playing along and I wish you a very Blessed Christmas.
Asha - Tuesday Throwdown DT
Sunny Summer Crafts