Wednesday, August 21, 2013

Fall and push pops?

It's time to post my project for the current Lollipop Ladies Challenge:
Push Pops with the optional challenge of movement
and here is the inspiration photo
It seems like my mind is always going in 10,000 different directions and never focusing long enough on one thing to do it right.  I was so busy focusing on the "Movement" part (since it had me so stumped!!) that I forgot we were supposed to be inspired by the photo.  But I think I did manage to salvage it with the pops of orange that speak to that orange push pop in the forefront of the inspiration photo.  (Good save, right?)

 This is an anniversary card for my cousin and her husband.  Their anniversary is next month and her favorite flower is the sunflower.
 Here's the movement part:  when you pull out that orange tab on the right, the front panel folds up and shows a secret sentiment underneath.  I used this tutorial from splitcoaststampers.  First time I have tried it and even though I had to figure out my own measurements because my card is a different size than the example it was not all that difficult.
And here's the sentiment on the inside.  Now hop on over to the Lollipop Ladies blog to check out all the details.  And then come play along, please.  We have to have 7 entries to give out the prize and as of now, there aren't any.

Challenges:
Sweet Stop Sketches #224--sketch with a twist: sunflowers

Sister Act Card Challenge #20--anything goes
Tammy's Scrappin' Challenge #76--Image containing food (it  might be a bit of a stretch, but pumpkins ARE food and so are sunflower seeds)
Word Art Wednesday #94--anything goes with uplifting sentiment
Sweet Stamps #131--anything goes

Supplies:
Stamps: Pixie Cottage "Fall Wagon Wheel"; Verve "Tall Oaks" pumpkins inside; Sweet 'n' Sassy Stamps "Anniversary Innies" sentiment inside
Dies/Punches: Spellbinders A2 rectangles; SU! Labels punch (tab end)

13 comments:

Granmargaret said...

Lovely card Heather

Susan Hogan said...

Heather, you have excelled. Fabulous card and the movement bit - wonderful. We seem to have no takers - is there a black list out there or something on this challenge?????!!!

Ann said...

Gorgeous image, and so beautifully coloured! What a great idea for a Fall anniversary - your cousin will love this sunflower card! Thanks for playing along with us at the Sweet Stop this week!

Margaret said...

Fantastic image and your coloring is outstanding. What a great fall card. Thanks for joining us at Tammy's Scrapin Corner for this challenge.
Margaret, DT

Karen Letchworth said...

Heather: I just LOVE this wonderful autumn card. I can't quite wrap my head around how that pull tab works, but it sure is cool. I am SUCH a "dork" when it comes to fancy folds and things like this, but you sure ROCKED IT, and I guess I'd have to see it to figure out how it works. That's why my cards are always the same old boring thing - and I have never entered a fancy folds (etc) challenge. I know, I need to learn these things!!! Well, you sure made an incredible card, and thanks SO MUCH for sharing it in our challenge this week. It's such a blessing to have you share your talents with us. May God bless you this week in a special way. Please join us again soon.
Karen
Word Art Wednesday

Sandy Fredrick said...

Awesome design, beautiful coloring, love the bright fall colors. Thank you for joining us in this weeks blog challenge at SweetStamps.com.

Anonymous said...

Amazing and inspirational. Great job. Knew would come up with "movement" and I think the colours are covered. Thanks for sharing the link.

Cathymac said...

I love cards with moving pieces, Heather, and this one is fabulous! Love the fall colors and the happy sunflowers! What a perfect anniversary card for your cousin! Thanks so much for joining us at The Sweet Stop this week!

Denise said...

What a fantastic card! I love the moving parts of it how clever is that! You do have a lucky cousin!
Loeve you blog and became a follower too.
Thank you so much for joining us at SweetStamps.com and Good Luck ....
Sweetie Hugs
http://dixicreations.blogspot.co.uk/

karalschuknecht said...

What a Great card, and I love the movement. Thanks for joining us this week for "Food."
Karal DT for Tammy's Scrapin Corner
My Blog: Karals Creative Corner

Unknown said...

Awesome creation (great design and colors, too). It's perfect for the Images with Food challenge at Tammy's Scrapin Corner this week. Thanks for submitting your creative card!
Trudy, DT

Eemeli said...

Fabulous one. Love the movement element and the color scheme is great. Thanks for joining our "Image containing Food" challenge this week at Tammy's Scrapin Corner.

Hugs from Finland,
Eemeli {DT}

Stephanie said...

What a fantastic card!! I LOVE fancy folds and will have to check this one out. I really like the image on the front - fall is my favorite season. Thanks so much for sharing with us at Word Art Wednesday.