Tuesday, April 16, 2013

Golden Butterflies

 It's bright and sunny this morning and I am hoping it will turn into a nice warm day!  I'm sure spring is coming, but sometimes it seems like it is taking forever to arrive.  For this card, I attempted the water stamping technique from Technique Tuesday and while I am sure it can be a stunning technique I had such a hard time with it!  I think I didn't use the correct inks the first couple times (yes, I had to try about 5 times before actually getting it to work a little) and then I used some that were too light and it didn't show up very well in some places.  In real life, you can see that it worked, but it's hard to tell in the picture.  The picture below shows it better.  I used a damask stamp if that helps you to find it.

Challenges:
Technique Time Tuesday--water stamping
Fab n Funky #166-spring colors
Inkspirational Challenges #15--inspiration photo

DRS Designs--one stitch at a time (use stitching--I used my sewing machine to sew around the edge of the main panel
Charisma Cardz #15--tags
The Sweet Stop Sketches #206--sketch
Tuesday Alchemy--in the garden + gold (I gold embossed the butterflies and sentiment, used a gold eyelet and gold thread to tie on the tag)

Supplies:
Stamps: PTI "Damask Designs" sentiment and Damask image on background; Rubbernecker Stamps--butterflies and branches
Dies: Spellbinders scalloped tags

23 comments:

Shelia said...

Heather, this is beautiful - makes me want to try this technique!! Thanks for joining us at DRS Designs!!

sandie said...

You did a much better job at this than me! This is a beautiful take on our photo and your background is lovely and soft, perfect for spring. Thanks for joining us at Inkspirational

Fabiola said...

oh! Heather, elle est trop belle, j'adore, biz

Sarahshandmadecardsx said...

A gorgeous card. I love your background inking technique and your fab tag.

Thanks for joining us this week at Charisma Cardz and good luck.

Sarahx

Anonymous said...

So bright and springy! What a great use of the ribbon and stitch detail. Thanks for joining us at Inkspirational!
- Shauna

Jackie said...

So fun and bright! Thank you for joining out Spring Colors challenge at the Fab 'n' Fun Challenge. I hope you play along with us again soon!

Jackie, Fab 'n' Funky DT

Ruth M said...

What a perfect Spring card Heather, very pretty! Great use of the water stamping technique, love that damask background! Thanks so much for joining us at Inkspirational, please come back soon! Ruth x

Bubbles said...

Very pretty card! Thanks for joining us at Charisma Cardz.
Joanne x

Mynn xx said...

This is beautiful, Heather! LOVE the blue "sky" as your white space! And the tag is fabulous! Thanks for joining us at Inkspirational! :)

Mynn xx said...

PS: Thank you so much for joining us at TTT, too!!! ;)

Anonymous said...

So sweet and pretty! Thanks for joining us over at DRS Designs!

Vee said...

A beautiful card, love the image you have used. Thanks for playing with Charisma this week.
xx Vee

Judy McKay said...

Lovely card - very beautiful. Thank yo for joining us at Tuesday Alchemy this week. Judy

Stephanie said...

Very pretty Heather. Thanks for playing along with us at The Sweet Stop.

Unknown said...

Heather your card is gorgeous! I love the damask water stamping and the blue sky background. The tag is so pretty too! Thanks for joining us at TTT this month; and for joining us at Inkspirational this week!

Unknown said...

Thanks for joining us at Technique Time Tuesday! I really like the background effect with the waterstamping and think you did a great job with the damask stamp! :)

Claudia N. said...

The water stamping really is a technique that can be tricky, but you mastered it pretty well as I see it! The idea of using that technique for the sky background is great!

Thanks for playing along with us at TTT!

Hugs,
Claudia x

Unknown said...

Fabulous job this month at TTT. Love the subtle, delicate feel of your card!!! So happy you joined us this month at Technique Time Tuesday, really hope to see you back again to play along next month :)

Louise van Vuren said...

I think you should be happy that you persevered as this card is a real beauty! I had a few problems to start too, but it really is worth it! Thanks for joining in with Technique Time Tuesday, we're so glad you did!

Louise xx

Rocky said...

Love the subtle water stamping, you can see it and it looks great. I'm glad you kept trying, it was worth it. I've often found the card makes a big difference to this technique, just as much as the inks. Thank you for joining us at TTT.

Katy said...

I saw the water stamping! This is a beautiful card and they are better in person than in the photos! I really like your tag and sentiment too! Thank you so much for joining us at Technique Time Tuesday! :)

Adrienne Crist said...

Lovely card. I love the damask pattern and the pairing with red!
Thanks for sharing with us at Technique Time Tuesday this month! Blessings, Adrienne DT

Karen Petitt said...

Beautiful card, great use of colour. Thank you so much for joining us at TTTC for the water stamping challenge! We really appreciate the fact that you have taken the time to 'play' along with us and hope to see you again Karen P Technique Time Tuesday Crew http://stampinginpink.blogspot.com/