Tuesday, February 12, 2013

Inspired


My card today is for Papertrey Ink's challenge to be inspired by one of their designer's favorite projects from the past year.  Usually, Melissa Phillips' work, though beautiful, doesn't really speak to me.  She has a gorgeous shabby chic, vintagey and definitely girly style, and as you can see if you have looked at any of my cards, I do not.  But as soon as I saw the first picture on the left in her inspiration board, I was in love!!  I just absolutely love those orange felt flowers.  And the card layout is really awesome, too.   So, I changed up the colors and the flower material, but kept the layout.  And I love it!  Almost as much as the original. : )
 Melissa
Supplies:
Paper: Basic grey (stripes) and DCWV (grid)
Stamps: Papertrey Ink "Damask Designs" sentiment; Clear Dollar Stamps "Elegant Flourishes"; Verve "Joyful Blooms"
Dies: Papertrey Ink Turning a New Leaf die (trimmed down to use 1 or 2 leaves)
Buttons; Cinnamon Stickles on the flower centers

No comments: