Sunday, January 13, 2013

Penguin fun

Don't these little penguins just make you smile?!  Last time, I used this image, I colored the "snow" penguin black and white, but this time I went more realistic and left him white.  I definitely think I like it better this way.  I made 5 cards yesterday (see the previous posts if you're interested) and I think this is my favorite, but it also took the most time because I had to stamp the papers.  I wanted stripes (was just in a stripes mood) and didn't have any in the correct color scheme.  And then I had to make something to match.  A girl's gotta do what a girl's gotta do, right?

Challenges:
{Pin}spirational Challenges #39--inspirational photo (I went with the penguin theme)
Creative Inspirations #196--color combo: dusty yellow, pale & mid tone green, navy and medium tone blue (I used all but the yellow, couldn't figure out how to fit it into a Christmas card)
Sweet Sketch Wednesdays #188--sketch

Crafty Hazelnut's Christmas Challenge Extra--any Christmas card
Crafty Hazelnut's Christmas Challenge #107--reindeer is resting (no reindeer)

Supplies:
Stamps: Dearie Dolls snow penguin digi; PTI "Distressed Stripes"; Verve "Merry and Bright" (snowflakes), "Ornamental Christmas (sentiment)
Dies: Verve "Charming Ovals"; spellbinders classic oval, large
Cardstock: PTI enchanted evening

11 comments:

Hazel said...

What a jolly card - thanks for another entry for both of my CHNC challenges - hope to see you again soon. x

mulberry station said...

Ohhh, I adore these little snowmen. They are adorable. Your papers are so perfect to. Thanks for sharing your card with us.
Nancy SSW-DT

Heide said...

Super cute! Great DP that you made. Happy to have you with us at SSW.
Hugs, Heide SSW-DT

fabiola jaques said...

ce qu'ils sont chou...biz

NGCARDS said...

A wonderful creation! Thanks for playing at Creative Inspirations! xxx

Rene said...

This is absolutely darling! I love it! Your layout and papers are outstanding! Thank you so much for joining us at Creative Inspirations this week! Good luck and I hope to see you back Wednesday!
Rene :D

Holly Gwilliams said...

Heather, this card is adorable. I love the penguins and the papers you have used. Thanks for sharing with us at SSW this week. Holly x

Sally Dube said...

Cute - Cute!! What a fun image and I love your papers - perfect!! So glad you played along with us at Sweet Sketch Wednesday!!
Blessings to you!!
Sally SSW-DT

shell said...

Beautiful card, thanks for joining us at Creative Inspirations this week.
Shell xx

Sharon Basel said...

This is adorable Heather! You have inspired me to stamp my own papers - this is so beautifully coordinated. So glad to have you join us at Sweet Sketch Wednesday!
Sharon, SSW-DT

Deanne Clarke-Saunders said...

Adorable card! I love the Dearie Dolls image!! Thanks for participating in the {PIN}spirational Challenge! Hope to see you again!!
~DEANNE~