Sunday, January 13, 2013

Penguin fun

Don't these little penguins just make you smile?!  Last time, I used this image, I colored the "snow" penguin black and white, but this time I went more realistic and left him white.  I definitely think I like it better this way.  I made 5 cards yesterday (see the previous posts if you're interested) and I think this is my favorite, but it also took the most time because I had to stamp the papers.  I wanted stripes (was just in a stripes mood) and didn't have any in the correct color scheme.  And then I had to make something to match.  A girl's gotta do what a girl's gotta do, right?

Challenges:
{Pin}spirational Challenges #39--inspirational photo (I went with the penguin theme)
Creative Inspirations #196--color combo: dusty yellow, pale & mid tone green, navy and medium tone blue (I used all but the yellow, couldn't figure out how to fit it into a Christmas card)
Sweet Sketch Wednesdays #188--sketch

Crafty Hazelnut's Christmas Challenge Extra--any Christmas card
Crafty Hazelnut's Christmas Challenge #107--reindeer is resting (no reindeer)

Supplies:
Stamps: Dearie Dolls snow penguin digi; PTI "Distressed Stripes"; Verve "Merry and Bright" (snowflakes), "Ornamental Christmas (sentiment)
Dies: Verve "Charming Ovals"; spellbinders classic oval, large
Cardstock: PTI enchanted evening

10 comments:

Hazel said...

What a jolly card - thanks for another entry for both of my CHNC challenges - hope to see you again soon. x

mulberry station said...

Ohhh, I adore these little snowmen. They are adorable. Your papers are so perfect to. Thanks for sharing your card with us.
Nancy SSW-DT

Heide said...

Super cute! Great DP that you made. Happy to have you with us at SSW.
Hugs, Heide SSW-DT

Fabiola said...

ce qu'ils sont chou...biz

NGCARDS said...

A wonderful creation! Thanks for playing at Creative Inspirations! xxx

Rene said...

This is absolutely darling! I love it! Your layout and papers are outstanding! Thank you so much for joining us at Creative Inspirations this week! Good luck and I hope to see you back Wednesday!
Rene :D

Unknown said...

Heather, this card is adorable. I love the penguins and the papers you have used. Thanks for sharing with us at SSW this week. Holly x

Sally Dube said...

Cute - Cute!! What a fun image and I love your papers - perfect!! So glad you played along with us at Sweet Sketch Wednesday!!
Blessings to you!!
Sally SSW-DT

Sharon Basel said...

This is adorable Heather! You have inspired me to stamp my own papers - this is so beautifully coordinated. So glad to have you join us at Sweet Sketch Wednesday!
Sharon, SSW-DT

Deanne Saunders said...

Adorable card! I love the Dearie Dolls image!! Thanks for participating in the {PIN}spirational Challenge! Hope to see you again!!
~DEANNE~