Friday, December 7, 2012

Fashionable Christmas

 Ooh, la, la, isn't she a beauty?!  She's the beautiful Fashionista Squigglefly digi and she is just perfect for paper piecing.  Or at least I thought so when I was thinking about this card.  I pieced her dress and the purse (I made it this color, 'cause I have a purse that looks just like it--dark denim with black straps) and added black rhinestones for the earrings and a silver rhinestone for the diamond ring and a litter bit of glitter pen over gray pencil for the eyeshadow.
I sprayed the denim layer with glimmer mist and it is really sparkly in real life, but I wasn't able to capture it in the picture.

Challenges:
The Squirrel and the Fox #32--summer or winter
Lollipop #95--Happy Holidays
Squigglefly #48--winter wonderland
Delightful Challenges--All about Christmas
Frosted Designs:12 Days of Christmas; Day 3--3 inks/mists/paints (I used glimmer mist, an ink pad and markers)
Sweet n Sassy Digis #83--Christmas

Supplies:
Stamps: Squigglefly "Fashionista" digi; Verve "Ornamental Christmas" sentiment
Dies/embossing folders: Verve "Charming Ovals" dies; Cuttlebug snowflake embossing folder

10 comments:

Pia S said...

The title describes this card so well - it's definitely a fashionable card! Love this image, and her paper pieced dress and bag turned out so great, and I love the denim background too. Well done!

Shell Shearer Swinscoe said...

Great card, fab layout & the paper piecing looks great!

Thank you for sharing with us at Delightful Challenges this week, good luck!
Hugs Shell xx

Fabiola said...

très élégante! biz

Holly Young said...

So cute! I love the paper piecing on her and the sparkly snowflake background is so pretty! Thanks for playing in Squigglefly's challenge!

Elizabeth Hart said...

Love your paper piecing - really worked so well on that dress. And, love the embossing - fun card. Thanks for joining us at Squigglefly Challenge.

scrap joanny said...

very cute and sweet :-) wow -perfect for us challenge - thank so much for playing with Lollipop Crafts :-)hugs Joanna

Lydia said...

She is very cute! Love denim mist. Its one of my favorites! Great card! So glad you played along with us at Frosted Designs!

Sassy Raggedy said...

I love your card and I know what you mean about the glimmer mist not showing up well in the pics. I can just imagine how beautiful it is but I can see some of it. Lovely...

Thanks for sharing with us this week at Delightful Challenges. We would love to have you join us again next week as well..joann sassy raggedy

Patricia H said...

This is a super Christmas card for the non-traditionalists on your list! Thanks for sharing it in this week's Sweet 'n Sassy Digi Challenge.

Channa said...

Such a pretty card, love the denim. Thank you for joining us at Frosted designs.