Thursday, February 9, 2012

You make my heart smile

The above picture is the inspiration photo for this week's Stampin' Sisterhood #9 challenge. So many possibilities. For my card, I latched onto the single tree right away and that bright pink color, too. But I also loved the blue so I had to add that in. I used the Seems A Little Sketchy sketch, though I simplified it quite a bit.

The tree is created by stamping the trunk (from PTI's "Through the Trees") brown and then stamping the little trio of heart "leaves" (from Verve's "To the Moon") in rose red ink from SU! On the both the pink and sblue layer I used "Mehndi Medallion" from PTI. The "You" is from PTI's "Damask Designs" and the rest of the sentiment is from Rubbernecker stamps. It has a "You" with is, but it was too big and didn't fit the layout of this card.



1 comment:

AllisonG said...

So glad to see that you have joined us again at Seems A Little Sketchy! I love the colors you used on your card - so peaceful. Great idea to stamp the papers as well. Hope to see you back for the challenge on Feb. 20!