Wednesday, April 20, 2011

Bring on the Happy

The JUGS challenge for this week: kraft/black/aqua/coral and make a birthday card. This color combo was sooooo hard for me! Not ones I would put together, but I am happy with how the card came out. I am also entering the card in the Our Daily Bread Designs blog challenge to use NO coloring. And the sketch is the Viva La Verve April week 3 sketch. I made the flower out of three circles cut using spellbinders classis circles large dies then fringed the edges, crumpled them up a bit and layered them together with a black brad. Leaf stamps are from an OLD SU! set, sentiment is from a new birthday set from PTI that I can't remember the name of. I made the buttons using on of the PTI button dies. I may never buy buttons again!

3 comments:

Lisa Kind said...

So pretty! Love that flower! What a great way to use the circle dies! Love it! Thanks for playing with Just Us Girls!

Elise said...

Ohhhhhh, GIRL! Love, love, LOVE how you made those old S/U! leaves CHARM with brand NEW style! {Heart: "pitter pat! Pitter pat!"} This card is completely swoonable! Thanks for piquing my interest in MORE PTI fabulousness {!} and dazzling JUST US GIRLS with this fantastic piece! Always, ALWAYS love having your fine talent in the mix! xo!

Andrea M said...

Oh Heather! I'm going to keep it simple... THIS ROCKS!!! Love the flower and all the other gorgeous details! What composition! It is just so striking! My socks have been knocked off! Great take on the challenge colors! Thanks so much for playing along with Just Us Girls!