Wednesday, October 27, 2010

JUGS template challenge

This weeks JUGS challenge was to use a template, preferably from MTME. The JUGS team is showcasing the "In Suspense" template, which I have, but have not made anything with yet. Instead I chose to use "cutesy cover". It was the perfect size to hold a single image volkswagen bug clear stamp I bought my mother-in-law for her birthday. The second picture shows the box with a gift-card holder I also made for her. The cardstock is from SU! the background paper is a piece from DCWV that fades from dark pink to yellow. I jazzed it up a bit by stamping a French script background stamp in creamy caramel and then stamping a small multi-butterfly stamp in a pink from Martha Stewart. I AM determined to use the old DP (or at least a large amount of it) that I have before I buy any of the new gorgeous stuff I have been seeing lately. I punched two holes to run ribbon through and tied it around a button stuck on with a foam square. Here is the box with the gift card holder.
To finish the box off, I die cut lables one from both pink cs and vellum, punched a Martha Stewart butterfly out of the pink and layered the labels together with a pink heart brad. The "for you" stamp is from Verve.




3 comments:

AKiteFlier said...

Lovely projects - well done! I love your commitment to using up old DP before buying new - I TRIED that but didn't get too far with it LOL - I admit I am a paper addict. (oh a a ribbon addict and a stamp addict ... thus my blog name!) Thanks for playing with Just Us Girls this week We are glad you were adventurous and stepped into the 3D world!

Kathryn B said...

Such soft pretty colors Heather. I love how your gift set looks!

Thanks for playing along with Just Us Girls this week!

Andrea M said...

What a gorgeous gift set! The layered tag is fabulous :) Wonderful work on the JUGS template challenge! Thanks so much for playing along with us!