Wednesday, August 18, 2010

JUGS46






This card is for the JUGS challenge this week which is to use the theme of the Wild, Wild, West. I don't have a whole lot of "wild west" stuff, but I do have this one horse stamp set from SU! My focal image was based on this tutorial by Michelle Zindorf, but I wanted mine to have more of a sunrise look, so I went with pinks and purples. The blue jeans paper is from DCWV, pink card stock, and horse stamp is SU! and the sentiment is from Verve. One a side note, I also entered this card in Verve's Release Sketch Challenge. I also used some torn Mullberry paper; I have not used this in forever! The metal oval was created using a product I am now officially in love with. My father gave me this aluminum tape he uses for chimney liners, and it is the most fabulous thing ever. I taped it onto a piece of cardstock, cut it out and embossed it with an oval nestie, stamped it (you have to use stazon, other ink rubs right off) and added copper brads. It looks like a metal piece but works just like paper. Awesome! I finished the card off by wrapping twine around the card to mimic rope.

5 comments:

Theresa Momber said...

What a gorgeous sunset!

Dana Gustafson said...

THis is amazing! You set the scene so well with your inking techniques. Such a peaceful card with that great horse silhouette image and sunset. Thanks so much for making this card for Western week with Just Us Girls!

Lisa Kind said...

Wow! So much going on here that I LOVE! Your background is so cool! (Love Michelle's tutorials!) And the image is perfect on it! And the aluminum tape is genius! Great take on the western theme! Thanks so much for playing with Just Us Girls!

AKiteFlier said...

Beautiful sunrise with the silhouettes - love it. great job. Love the metal-look embellie - Thanks for supporting the JUGS this week with your participation. *grin*

Amber Sheaves said...

I really like this and will look into that metal tape stuff. What a great idea!